Just noticed this on the hanselman blog…
Anyone who is into Game of Thrones will just love this (PHP dev or not)
Whats makes this series so good is the clean and elegant solution provided and its a great way to learn JS along the way…
Well done Dominic (and I am not thanking myself)
Ok so just in case anyone is interested in preparing for this years 7DRL, here’s my top 4 things to do in preparation:
1. Listen to most of these if you can http://www.roguelikeradio.com/search?q=7drl
2. Look at what F/W’s u can use. This is important as you will learn soon that building ontop of F/W’s saves you so much time.
3, Come up some ideas -because you may well change your mind when you start
4. Just check out the fundamentals (dev environment, frameworks and deployment). You should make sure you can build,deploy a dummy project using whatever frameworks you need. DO THIS BEFORE THE COMP BEGINS
5.Do some planning for the week (It goes quickly)
From a post by Jeff Lait – here is the information on this years 7DRL
1) Any time on March 8th or March 16th (as measured in your time
zone), register on http://7drl.roguetemple.com
2) Write a roguelike.
3) After 168 hours, if you have completed a playable roguelike, add your
download link to 7drl.roguetemple.com! If not, set your status
to failed and we will all commiserate and agree that given a few
scant more hours, it could have been great.
This is a sensational source of information for any C# roguelike dev